Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Will I be charged import tax for repair return?

Hi,
As Nokia don't have international repair I sent my phone to their US headquarters for repair (that's where I bought the phone).
I called them before shipping it to them to make sure that it will be alright but now Nokia are saying they won't ship it back to Ireland. But they will ship to a US address.

Now, I'm wondering if I get a friend to ship - using UPS - for me to Ireland.
Does he have to fill a forms for customs or anything?
What does he have to put on the package to avoid the import tax? I assume "Nokia repair return" should suffice. And I have proof of that.
I don't want him to go to too much trouble and I'd rather wait as I know a few that people will be going to the US for a few months and I'd have to wait longer.

Kindly awaiting advice on what my friend in the States has to do.

Thanks for your time.

Read more: Will I be charged import tax for repair return?