Monday, June 23, 2014

Cheap smartphone with Win 8 or Android 4.4?

I have no experience with smartphones so I need some opinions. My friends tell me to buy one of the Nokia Lumia phones and they look nice, they have quite good camera and they are in my price category (300 USD or so). They say that Windows 8 is supposed to run better on cheaper phones than Android does. But I've found LG L90 which has Android 4.4 and it looks good and is a bit cheaper than Lumia 820, so I was wondering if there really is such a difference in the OS.
I live in Czech Republic and the electronics here isn't exactly cheap nor is there such a wide choice of phones but I don't feel like buying it somewhere else in case something broke down. On top of that I'm not familiar with other law systems. I was thinking of looking into electronics when I go to Germany on vacation, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to buy electronics in another state. I don't trust new things to last more than a day over the warranty time.

Read more: Cheap smartphone with Win 8 or Android 4.4?